Every Mile Matters
It doesn’t take huge effort to make a huge difference.
The Healthy Living Revolution is partnering with Charity Miles to help make even more of a difference in our world. Charity Miles is an organization that gives people the opportunity to direct corporate contributions to charities of their choice… simply by walking, running and biking! It adds extra motivation to know that as you are moving you are doing good!
Charity Miles tracks your distance, and large companies make contributions to the charity you selected.
Here’s how to join in on the fun:
- Download the Charity Miles app onto your smartphone.
- Create a free account.
- Choose which charity you would like to support. You may change selections each time you log in.
- Select “Teams” and join the “Healthy Living Revolution” team!
- Start walking, running or biking!
Charity Miles tracks your distance and will send financial contributions to the charity you selected. The more miles you put in, the greater the contributions!
- Share this with your friends, and help us grow our “Healthy Living Revolution” team!
We are excited to be coming together to make an impact in the world around us. Below is a selection of the charities you can choose from. This list is constantly growing, so please check the Charity Miles app for the most current list of eligible charities.
– End childhood obesity
Stand Up To Cancer
– Fund cancer research
– Protect Animals
– Support Alzheimer’s research
– Support our service members
Team Red, White & Blue
– Enrich the lives of American veterans
– Fight hunger in America
– Fighting to treat and cure ALS
Save the Children
– Invest in children worldwide
– Provide life-changing surgeries to children
Habitat for Humanity
– Provide housing to people worldwide
– Empower girls worldwide
– Create the first AIDS-free generation
Sight For Kids
– Free eye exams and glasses for children
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
– Move towards a world free of MS
Wounded Warrior Project
– Honor and empower wounded warriors
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
– Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
– Cure and treat childhood cancer
American Diabetes Association
– Fight Diabetes
– Provide clean and safe drinking water
National Park Foundation
– Protect our National parks
– Provide vaccines to children worldwide
The Michael J. Fox Foundation
– Cure Parkinson’s Disease
– Support Autism research
Every Mother Counts
– Make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother
World Wildlife Fund
– Protect nature and wildlife
Girls On The Run
– Empowering girls through running
– Empower young people
The Nature Conservatory
– Protect nature and preserve life
The World Food Programme
– Fight hunger worldwide
Pencils of Promise
– Build schools worldwide
– Empower athletes with intellectual disabilities
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
– Cure Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
Team For Kids
– Get kids active
She’s the First
– Educate girls in low-income countries
– Provide shoes to fight poverty worldwide
Nothing But Nets
– Provide anti-malaria bednets
Back On My Feet
– Empower people experiencing homelessness
– Empower athletes with disabilities
The Ironman Foundation
– Get kids active
– Provide eyeglasses to people worldwide
Foundation of the NSNA
– Support our future nurses